Recently, I read an article on a new Philly rapper creating a loyal following in his neighborhood (congrats!) on a upcoming artist website. It was very brief"”literally seven sentences"”but the fact that it was even mentioned in the publication was *** to me. The less *** part was the fact that Young Gab was simply mentioned as the next "Jay Z of hip-hop!" ***

If anyone doesn't deserve to be relegated to "celebrity comparison" status, it's Young Gab. It would be like dismissing Jay Z's accomplishments as just "easily duplicatable," or saying that Wiz-Ka Leaf is on "Lil Wayne's" level. However, Young Gab is nowhere near the iconic status that Jay Z or Lil Wayne have achieved in their respective roles as artist and but he certainly has the tools to eventually become well-known as one of the best talents in his field.

His story is not as fascinating as his music"”born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's infamous "Killadelphia", he certainly does not fit the description a "Hip-Hop drug dealer turned gangster rapper." (Sidenote: Young Gab is a 4.0 college student) He's the total opposite of the usual new Hip-Hop royalty.

Rapper YOUNG GAB Mixtape titled "Paperboy" leaked today with mix reviews. His voice is hypnotic, and his verses are stream-of-consciousness masterpieces. Underground Philadelphia Dj's likened him to a young NaS, and though it may not be far-off, I'd be bold enough to say that the new NaS sounds a whole lot like Young Gab. The comparison is especially apparent on "Queens Get the Money."

That's the other thing about Young Gab addition to being a gifted lyricist, he's a beast on the production tip. Even with beats from RCE/Konvict Muzik made available to him. He leaves the listener a whole lot of room to focus on his words, and when you listen to what he says, you're glad that he does so:

Had an Experience with Young Gabe?

Comments

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #1177114

Sounds like the boy has issues posting about himself in 3rd person, and taking to himself in comments. Lolol old Goodluck with that

That's a sexy man

what gab mean? hate his name but like the music

i would buy his *** cuz he can spit

he not all that!But I can see how he is drawing a buz. All Philly rappers never do ***!

I like the "ok ok" track.

everything ***!

what do his looks got to do with his lirics? Lol

He is cute